- Pungent, bitter and astringent in taste.
- Hot in constitution.
- Mucolytic, therefore removes mucus.
- Balance vata and kapha doshas.
- Mildly anthelmintic.
- Improve taste and appetite.
- Improve skin tone and complexion.
- It is tonic for heart.
- It also has anti bacterial, anti viral, anti cancer, anti inflammatory anti diabetes and heptoprotectives.
- Traditional Indian and Chinese medicine have used mace to treat nervous system issues as it calms the brain and also stimulates it. The compounds myristicin and elemicin provide these benefits.
- The Eugenol in mace relieves toothache.
- Massage with medicated oil of Javitri is beneficial when the limbs or body gets cold sensation.
- Improves libido and prevents premature ejaculation.
- Application on the forehead as a paste relieves insomnia.
- Apply a paste made with milk to alleviate pimples and give the face a glow.
- Relieves dysmenorrheal pain in women.
- Benefits in cold, cough and asthma. Useful in dry cough as well.